Have you heard of Nasoya Pasta Zero!?! I just recently discovered these noodles at Publix in the produce section with the vegan cheeses and tofu products! I admit I was super skeptical of any product that looks like pasta, comes in a watery liquid AND has a claim to fame for it’s insanely low calorie count! 15 Calories! That’s it! You can eat the entire bag for 30 calories, which is a HUGE serving!
The equivalent amount of regular wheat, corn or rice pasta would be approximately 23o calories!
Pasta Zero FAQs
What are Shirataki Noodles?
A traditional Japanese noodle made from the Konjac plant root. Shirataki noodles have little flavor but absorbs the delicious flavors you cook with. They can be used just like regular pasta but will save you a boat load in calories and carbs!
Why do Pasta Zero Shirataki Noodles have a unique smell?
Actually, all shirataki noodles have a slight fishy smell thanks to the Konjac plant root, which is used to make the noodles. It’s completely safe and is a natural smell which will decrease as the noodles are rinsed and cooked.
How do I cook with Pasta Zero Shirataki Noodles?
Be sure to drain and rinse the noodles under warm water for a couple minutes before using them.
Are Pasta Zero Shirataki Noodles made with non-GMO ingredients?
Yes, all Nasoya products are made using non-GMO ingredients.
- All Natural
- Fat Free
- Gluten Free
- Low Calorie
- Low Carb
- Fortified with Iron
These noodles are similar to tofu in that they take on the flavor that you cook them with. They had a slightly chewier texture than normal pasta but it was so satisfying to have such a huge bowl of food for such low caloric intake! Enjoy and let me know what ingredients you decide to add! The recipe below is how I gobbled them up!
- 1 package Nasoya Pasta Zero - Shirataki Fettuccine
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 C sliced portobello mushrooms
- 10 grape tomatoes
- 1/2 C - approx 1/3 can organic corn (I used Libby's Organic Whole Kernel Sweet Corn)
- 1/2 T Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil (Spectrum is my favorite brand!)
- Season to your liking. Suggestions: sea salt, black pepper, Mongolian Fire Oil, gluten free tamari... any of your favorite spices!
- Drain and rinse the noodles VERY well under warm water for a couple minutes before using them.
- Heat pan over medium heat with 1/2 tbsp of unrefined coconut oil.
- Chop bell pepper, mushrooms and tomatoes into large chunks.
- Drain and rinse corn. Set aside 1/3 of the can.
- Add all veggies to the hot pan and saute until heated through and cooked to your liking. I prefer to leave a little crunch to mine!
- Add noodles for the last three minutes of cooking and toss in seasonings of your choice. The noodles with loose their slightly funky smell while they are being cooked and will begin to take on the flavors you choose.
- Split into two large servings and enjoy your ridiculously low calorie and healthy meal!
- Can you get past the funky smell or look of certain foods pre-cooked?
- Is a slightly chewy texture worth the 200 less calories to you!?
- What ingredients would you like to try with these noodles? I am thinking about trying a vegan cheese sauce!