You have probably all heard of Meatless Mondays… since I already have no meat in my diet, I decided to start a Monday tradition of my own: NO MILK MONDAYS! Imagine how amazing it would be if this went as viral as Meatless Mondays!?
This is how it will work:
- Each week I will post some of my favorite:
- dairy free alternative products and recipes
- nutrition tips
- ideas for going dairy free easily
- and anything else you guys request!
I would love all of you to join in on the posts each week with ideas, questions, recipes, your experiences, favorite products and any advice you might have for people struggling to give up dairy.
Looking for a great reason to join in NO MILK MONDAYS?!
Check out these links:
- Dairy-Free Benefits: The Top 10 Reasons to Go Dairy Free by Alisa Fleming at Go Dairy Free
- “…70% of the world’s population has some degree of lactose intolerance.”
- “…dermatologists are now recommending the dairy-free diet as a first step in treating acne.”
- 6 Reasons You Should Avoid Dairy At All Costs by Dr Mark Hyman
- “Dairy is nature’s perfect food — but only if you’re a calf.”
- 11 Reasons to Stop Eating Dairy by Michelle Schoffro Cook
- “Dairy products are mucous-forming.”
- Benefits of Ditching Dairy (her personal experience) by Heather at The Soulful Spoon
- “…one of the most acidic foods you can eat, which weakens the rate at which your hair, skin and nails grow.”
- Benefits to a Dairy Free Diet at Dairy Free Me
- “…within weeks of cutting out dairy from their diet, symptoms such as anxiety, nausea and stress have decreased.”
- Go Dairy Free: The Guide and Cookbook for Milk Allergies, Lactose Intolerance, and Casein-Free Living
While can not claim to be dairy free all the time, I do believe my health would benefit from removing it from my diet completely. I try to consume it in limited amounts (honestly ice cream and cottage cheese are my downfalls!) I know there are so many wonderful alternatives out there. My sister is a Paleo fanatic, as are so many of my friends, and I know so many people, both vegan and carnivore, that have removed dairy from their diets with amazing results. I am hoping that by starting these NO MILK MONDAYS I will also be able to cut more… or all, dairy out of my life.